The Latest on Avenue, Downtown Greenville’s New Rooftop Event Space
Since opening our doors on April 24, Avenue has been bustling with events, tours and bookings. The warm welcome we have received from this community has been overwhelming, and we feel indebted to the those of you who trusted us with your events during our opening months.
Through Avenue, we’ve had the pleasure of reconnecting with colleagues we have known for years and are enjoying meeting new faces each day. We receive questions daily from prospective clients as they narrow in on their options for the perfect venue for their special event.
We’ve provided some insight here on a few of the most common questions we receive. We’d love to hear from you, too, and welcome the opportunity to answer any questions you may have about Avenue.
Where exactly is Avenue located in Downtown Greenville?
- Physical Location – 110 E. Court Street, 6th Floor
- 110 E. Court Street is a new, six story mixed-use development in the North of Broad district, between E. Broad Street and E. McBee Avenue, beside McBee Station (Publix / Staples) and behind the Greenville Health System / SunTrust Building.
- If standing at the Westin Poinsett Hotel on Main Street, walk down Court Street towards Falls Street, and 110 E. Court Street is directly in front of you.
- Avenue is one block from main street and overlooks downtown’s beautiful skyline.
When can I tour the space?
- Tours are welcome by appointment, Monday – Friday from 8:30 – 5:00pm. Saturday morning tours can also be accommodated, based on availability.
What are the rental options?
- Avenue offers 10-hour rentals for $3,000 on Friday and Saturdays and $2,500 Sundays – Thursdays.
- 2-hour rentals (designed for breakfast, lunch or brief meeting events) are offered for $1,500 on Fridays and Saturdays and $1,000 Sundays – Thursdays.
- Nonprofits receive a 50% discount.
What is included in the rental?
- Indoor event space and outdoor rooftop terrace
- 20 60” round tables and 200 specialty chairs
- Three custom wood, rolling bars
- Existing furniture, providing lounge seating for 40+ people
- State-of-the-art audio / visual equipment
- Spacious, on-site bridal suite
How many guests can Avenue accommodate?
- Up to 200 guests for a seated dinner in the indoor event space, and up to 400 people for a cocktail reception utilizing the indoor and outdoor spaces.
Can Avenue accommodate both a wedding ceremony and reception?
- For a wedding ceremony, the outdoor terrace can accommodate up to 150 guests and the indoor space can accommodate up to 200 guests, depending on the layout of the space.
- Multiple floorplan options are available to allow for both the ceremony and reception to be held on-site.
What options are available?
- Rick Erwin Events manages all catering operations at Avenue with a full commercial kitchen on-site.
- A dedicated culinary and event management team work closely with each client to prepare custom menus that brings their vision to life, all while working within their individual budget.
- They offer various bar packages, as well as full-service event, catering and bar staff to manage the event from beginning to end.
- Specialty cakes (weddings, birthdays, etc.) can be provided by an outside vendor.
What is the policy for other outside vendors?
- Aside from Rick Erwin Events, vendors can be selected based on each client’s personal preference. Vendor approval is required by Avenue prior to each event.
- Avenue can provide recommended vendors, if desired.
- For wedding-related events, a professional event coordinator (day-of or full-service) is required.
What is included in the state-of-the-art AV system?
- Two 137” drop down screens with laser projectors
- Three monitors – Two 85” and One 48” to support presentations, digital signage, and cable television
- Multiple input / output locations with HDMI and VGA connections and multiple locations for microphone input and auxiliary output
- Four wireless handheld and lapel microphones and four wired microphones with stands
- Blu-tooth wireless audio link
- Wi-Fi access
- A video wall comprised of three 55” monitors in the lobby of 110 E. Court Street is available for digital signage.
Where is the closest parking?
- Avenue is adjacent to downtown’s newest parking deck, and there is a surface lot just steps away with more than 160 spaces available for after-hours and weekend events. The parking deck maintains standard Downtown Greenville garage rates, and the surface lot charges $5 per car.
- The circular driveway can easily accommodate valet service for after-hours functions, as well.